Suzanne Vega is a musician. Her main instrument of choice is an acoustic guitar.
- Marlene On The Wall
- Tom's Diner (a recurring song on YTMND)
- more examples to be added...
Involvement with the Suzanne activist group
Suzanne Vega is known as "mother of the MP3". This fun fact would serve as the very reason why the username Suzanne would be chosen in an attempt to protest YouTube's copyfraud bots as well as bring blocked music on YouTube right to YTMND.
Even though Vega is officially "mother of the MP3", the actual creator of the MP3 file format was Karlheinz Brandenburg, but his use of an excerpt of the a cappella version of the Suzanne Vega song Tom's Diner would lead to this honorable mention. Find out more on the Suzanne Wiki's article.
- Suzanne (YTMND activist group), named to pay homage to the "mother of the MP3" status as per the activism that encourages more use of the file format.
- Suzanne (YTMND user), leader of the activist group (username is an homage to Vega, as well as an account to represent the activist group), ironically every other member of the activist group doesn't think much of Suzanne Vega.
- Mitchell Froom, record producer
- Leonard Cohen (deceased)
- Gerry Leonard
- Joe Jackson
- Quentin Tarantino
- Larry Campbell (interestingly, he has Cohen's initials)
Elsewhere on the Internet:
- A&M Records, betrayed Vega since they sued Napster in the early 2000s
The real life Suzanne Vega isn't actually a member of the Salvozanne activist group, in which she's basically just a character the Suzanne movement uses to validate use of the name Suzanne as an idea for a name of a free entertainment activist group.
Other monikers she's known by
- Susan Vega, common misspelling, even Dstroke503 used this spelling in this YTMND site of his
- Vegazanne (coined by Supremo Zanne)
- Mother of the MP3
- Film director Quentin Tarantino is a Suzanne Vega fan and named the characters Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction and Vic Vega from Reservoir Dogs after her.
- The Suzanne Vega Wiki is another Wikia Wiki started by User:Rodanthe to focus mainly on Suzanne Vega's career as a topic.
- Suzanne Vega is known as "mother of the MP3", since the song Tom's Diner (a cappella version) was used as a "testbed" for development.
- The Salvo Underground Zone And Nerd Network Enterprise is a free entertainment activist group that was backronymed on the name "Suzanne" in which since Suzanne Vega was "mother of the MP3".
- YTMND user Suzanne is a username that was chosen to represent the above activist group. However, activists of the Suzanne movement chose Suzanne Somers as an avatar and mascot.
- Salvo Underground Zone And Nerd Network Enterprise, an activist group backronymed after the name Suzanne, of which was a tribute to Suzanne Vega.
- Suzanne Records, a subsidiary of the activist that emphasizes the fact that Suzanne Vega is "mother of the MP3".